Are you one of those people who wants to live close to a big city but not too close? If you’re relocating to the Atlanta, Georgia area you might want to take a good close look at Fayetteville, Georgia, which offers residents comfortable small-town living without the small-town constraints.
- Fayetteville is only 22 miles south of Atlanta and 15 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, which equals easy access not just to Atlanta but to anywhere in the world.
- Nearby Falcon Field in Peachtree City is available for private flights.
Quality of Life:
- Fayetteville has a range of housing options depending on your lifestyle, and the homes offer great value for the money
- Fayetteville’s parks provide more than 500 acres of open space and the pedestrian friendly city has added extensive paths connecting communities and schools.
- Fayetteville’s Piedmont Fayette Hospital was named one of the nation’s top 100 hospitals in 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004, receiving the honor more than any other Georgia hospital.
- The Fayette County school system is considered one of the best in Georgia, and Fayetteville is close to a number of major universities like Emory and Georgia Tech.
Now that you’ve heard the benefits of living in Fayetteville, what about the neighborhoods? Luckily there are a number of planned communities offering beautiful homes, acreage and amenities. Here are a few gems you’ll want to look at when searching for a home in Fayetteville.
The Canoe Club (Greenspace And Over 50 Acres of Lakes)
Fayetteville’s Canoe Club, featuring an award winning group of builders, is a great choice for those who love fresh air and water. With two beautiful lakes, a newly completed 4 lane lap pool, spacious one-acre lots, a planned tennis complex, 12 acres of activities and another 58 acres of greenspace, the Canoe Club has plenty of outdoors potential. This highly amenitized community also boasts a multi-purpose Lake Cottage with gathering places, a fitness center, decks, catering kitchen and fireside coffee bar. There’s also a dam reserve for fishing. Prices start in the high $300s.
New Haven (Award Winning Design)
An enclave of 56 homes crafted in classic architectural styles like English manors and French country estates, Fayetteville, Georgia’s New Haven is an immaculate and tasteful community in a peaceful garden landscape. Amenities include access to great public schools, a community pool, tennis courts, an outdoor fireplace and grill pavilion, a playground, nature trails, sidewalks and a sports park. Home prices in this award-winning Fayetteville community start in the $700,000s.
The Villas at Gingercake (Elegant 55 and older community)
The Villas at Gingercake is a quiet, beautifully landscaped condominium community exclusively for ages 55 and older is tucked nicely into the City of Fayetteville and convenient to shops, restaurants, the library and more. This condo community also boasts a very solid neighborhood association where owners participate in the decision making. Other amenities include a large common area with gazebo and benches, a residents-only clubhouse, heated early and late season outdoor pool with new pool furniture, planned activities and a community garden where you can grow your own fruits and vegetables. The community also holds quarterly owner financial meetings with the condo’s CPA. There’s even an exercise room and walking trail to help residents stay in shape.
Timberlake (Access to Peachtree City’s Famed Golf Cart Paths)
Fayetteville’s Timberlake community is an established subdivision which offers generous yard sizes. But the best thing about this subdivision is that it is one of the few in Fayetteville that provides access to Peachtree City’s multi-use paths for pedestrians, cyclists and golf carts. This 90-mile network of wooded paths can take residents to shopping centers, parks and schools throughout the area.
If you’re thinking of relocating to the area and would like a tour of these or any other Fayetteville communities, feel free to chat now with one of our Realtors or call us at 404-994-4560.